A big goal of this trip was to visit certain important cemeteries and if I had time other cemeteries along the way. I wish I had the time to document them all...sigh!
I have uploaded photos that I have featured on this blog from cemeteries I have visited and the extra photos I had promised as well. I uploaded them to Picasa Web Albums. These photographs are not copyrighted but I am the creator and I appreciate the acknowledgement. At my Picasa Web Albums you can get more detail, study the photos in relation to each other and get a good idea of what the cemetery looks like, how big it really is and some were huge. Then if you want to review the visit to the cemetery you can go back to this blog and find the posts related to that particular cemetery.
As of now these are open to the public under my name, Bonnie Jean MacDonald and the cemetery name and city and location at Picasa Web Albums, try this link to my public gallery of web albums:
1. Ancient Burying Ground, Hartford, CT
2. Bridge Street Cemetery, Northampton, MA
3. Granby Cemetery, Granby, CT
4. Norton's Cemetery, East Otis (or Otis), MA
5. Walnut Grove Cemetery, North Brookfield, MA
6. Springfield Cemetery, Springfield, MA
7. Brookfield Cemetery, Brookfield, MA
8. Old South Cemetery, Bolton, MA
9. Center Cemetery, Peru, MA (Berkshires)
10. Longmeadow Cemetery, Longmeadow, MA
11. Forestville Cemetery, (Use to be East Cemetery) Bristol., MA
12. Burnham Cemetery, Montague, MA
13. Simsbury Cemetery, (Maybe Hopmeadow for the older one?), Simsbury, CT (2 cemeteries)
14. Palisado Cemetery, Windsor, CT - I will also add later my photos from the first trip.
More are on the way!!
For ideas on how to find out who is buried there, I did give sources or references in my past posts. Most were found on Find A Grave: Simsbury's old cemetery is under Hopmeadow. Cemeteries in the Peru and Hinsdale area of the Berkshires are listed in a publication at the Peru Public Library under their Historical section. It is a cute small red building next to the church with the two steeples. It is also at the Berkshire Athenaeum in Pittsifield. See the links under Cemeteries to the right for more ideas.