Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Update: Ontario/Quebec Genealogical Trip Completed

Well, I have been too busy dithering and didn't let you know that I did finished my trip to Ontario and Quebec and it was WONDERFUL.  It was fun to hear French spoken in a cafe as a customer ordered their meal.

I really enjoyed it, met some very nice people, wore myself out but had a grand time and some very interesting experiences.  At the Ontario Genealogical Society Conference in Kingston I toasted the Queen and sat with some rather elite US and Canadian genealogists who lecture, publish and have their own websites and blogs.  You will have to go to and read about it.  Giggle!

Driving along the Ottawa River and the St. Lawrence were some of my favorite moments. 

I did 2117 miles!!!!! It was the biggest trip ever and the most expensive!  It was worth every mile and penny.

Hopefully I will be able to go to western Ontario this coming Spring of 2013.  I am so tempted to return to some of these places I visited along the St. Lawrence River up to Kingston and maybe beyond.  We will see, I have been faced with a health challenge and so far so good!



This picture is of the St. Lawrence with a big ship heading downstream.  Remember the St. Lawrence flows northwest to the Atlantic? 

I wrote about my trip in my blogs -  The Man Who Lived Airplanes and The Boardmans and Browns of Winnipeg  I did most of the writing after I returned home. I find that it is very difficult to do a blog while traveling -- something like technical difficulties, Wi-Fi problems and other interesting events. 

This blog is starting to age, but hopefully it will still help others with links, ideas and more.  I have not done anything with the links in the posts or on the sidebar so if you have a problem let me know. Something happened to some photos and so I took them out.  Don't forget that I do have Picasa Web Albums and YouTube Videos on a lot of these cemeteries.

Did I find Archibald McDonell's origins?  Nope...it will be very difficult.  For some reason the researchers in Ontario laughed at me when I told them I was researching McDonells? HA!  On the other hand I did establish that William Brown did come to Ontario at the age of 69 years old and is buried in the St. Thomas Cemetery in Belleville, Hastings Co., Ontario.  My cousins were thrilled.

As for the rest of the saga of the Philip Goss lineage, I am hoping to head to Boston in about a year. 

Have a great Holiday Season! Bonnie





No comments: